Moving is hard. Getting power doesn’t have to be.
Review the information below to ensure you have everything
you need to set up your service.
*Information for existing meters only. For new construction, call 877-372-0391.
What you need to establish service
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Service location address
- Payment method for fees
- Social Security number or driver’s license number
- Determine the day of the month you’d like your bill due
- Name and identification for co-applicant on the account
- Optional: letter of credit from your previous utility. This could help you avoid paying a security deposit or pay a lower deposit amount.
Applying members pay these two fees
Applies to new members only
Paid up front
Refundable when service is disconnected
Grants membership into the cooperative
Applies to any request
for service connection
Paid up front, per meter
Covers the cost of establishing
new account and electric service
We may require a refundable security deposit
New members can avoid it or pay a lower deposit by providing valid identification and one of the following:
1. A credit assessment that will not affect your credit score
2. Enrollment in automatic bank draft payments (Residential and Farm/Ranch rate only) within the first 30 days of service
3. A letter of credit from your previous utility
Existing members adding an additional meter or moving can avoid a deposit by providing valid identification and one of the following:
1. An established payment history with us
2. Enrollment in automatic bank draft payments (Residential and Farm/Ranch rate only)
- Social Security number and date of birth OR
- Driver’s license number and date of birth
- Corporate tax ID number OR
- LLP tax ID number
Avoid a deposit
Avoid a deposit by completing one of the following:
1. Demonstrate a good payment history with PEC or your previous electric utility by providing a letter of credit
2. Enroll in automatic bank draft payments. This is only available for Residential and Farm/Ranch rates within the first 30 days of service
3. Ask for a credit assessment (new members only)
- Will not affect your credit score
- Quick – can take place over the phone
- Eliminate your deposit amount (contingent upon satisfactory credit assessment results)
Do more with PEC’s SmartHub
PEC’s SmartHub is an easy, convenient app that helps you manage your account preferences. Download the app today to pay your bills, report outages, and monitor your energy use. Learn more »
Enroll in Power of Change
PEC’s Power of Change program helps you empower your community by rounding your electric bill to the nearest dollar. The program provides support to area nonprofits through community grants, scholarships for local students, and more. The average monthly contribution is just $0.49 or $6 per year. Enroll today using SmartHub »
Emergency text alerts
Sign up for PEC’s emergency SMS (text) alert service. With this new capability, PEC can send a text message to your mobile phone during an emergency, including prolonged power interruptions and peak energy demand situations. Make sure your mobile phone numbers is listed in SmartHub. Learn More »
Ready to go?
Or call us at 888-554-4732, Monday through Friday between
8 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Due to our crew schedules, we cannot set up same-day connections
without posting a $125 fee during business hours (8 a.m - 5 p.m.) and $175 outside of business hours.
You don’t need to be on-site when we connect your power, so feel free to focus on your move.
If you require immediate connection within the next two days, please call us
directly at 888-554-4732. Additional fees may apply.